I’ve been tagged by Greenmantle so must share with you 5 things about me that you probably don’t know:
1. I have three sisters and HWDD thinks we look like this. (I’m the youngest, so must be third from the left!)
2. My paternal family tree can be traced back to 1699, but the family name will not continue now that I’ve married HWDD. I have gone from having a unique, frequently annoyingly miss-spelt name to proudly belonging to a new family whose name is blissfully easy to spell and even linked to vegetables, in a roundabout way!
3. The highest point on earth on which I have stood upon is the Kalihari Pass in the Himalayas at 15,000 feet above sea level.
4. The lowest point would be –18m, on the bottom of the Indian Ocean while diving off the coast of South Africa during our honeymoon.
5. Earlier this week I took my Mum & Dad to see ‘The Sound of Music’ at the London Palladium theatre, for mum’s birthday. It was a fabulous show and the songs all gave me goose bumps, evoking happy memories from childhood and of a previous trip to see it with Granny, back in 1982!
I shall Tag Lily Marlene, Petunia's Garden and The Balcony Garden
Monday, January 01, 2007
The sun shone all day today- what a wonderful way to welcome in the New Year. I hope to be back on the allotment at the weekend after having some time off while busy with Christmas. WHDD has agreed to help me collect some more wood to edge the beds with, from a local Freecycler but has has chuckled at me for preparing an Excel spreadsheet with all my seed details on it. It will help me plan and make sure I don’t buy any more of what I already have! It’s a quiet time of year for growing, but I’ve got lots of plans for spring and have ordered my spuds and sweet potatoes in readiness.