Thursday, August 10, 2006

Gulity of gross neglect...

I couldn't put if off any longer- last night I visited my allotment and was faced with this!



I managed to pick most of the inherited raspberries (at the back of the picture) before the wedding (over 1Ib in weight) and there were a few late ones that I ate yesterday straight from the bush.
In the first 5m of the foreground you can just make out where my fellow plot holder tried out his new reconditioned rotorvator (before it died) but that is the only bit that's been dug so far.
I now have some serious weeding and digging to do, as the bindweed and some sort of thistly weed seem to have sprouted up everywhere!
I was a little disheartened, but have to remind myself that this year is really only about preparing the plot for planting next spring. (But if I can get some plants in sooner I'll be very pleased!)

Guess where I’ll be this weekend….!

No comments: